The Varsity Assistant Coach – Girls Track and Field (Horizontal Jumps – Long and Triple) is responsible for assisting the head coach in athlete development and training in the area of Horizontal Jumps (Long and Triple). The position provides support and education to athletes in an effort to excel in their given sport in a healthy and safe environment. The position views winning not only as success, but as helping team members reach goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicates with Head Coach and other coaches and athletes in a professional and respectful manner.
- Communicates with athletes to provide helpful, positive guidance to ensure athlete growth and safety.
- Communicates with officials, opposing coaches, parents, and others in a positive, respectful manner. Providing exemplary behavior for athletes and other learners.
- Demonstrates and generates, among staff and athletes, an attitude of good sportsmanship and fair play by adhering to the “Coach’s Code of Ethics” and our conference “Sportsmanship Guidelines.”
- Understands the complexities of cultural and global issues and how they relate to employee and learners’ experiences.
- Approaches coaching with a positive, committed mindset. Focusing on athlete well-being.
- Develops positive working relationships with school administration, learners, educators, and the wider district community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the discipline is preferred.
- Previous experience coaching is preferred.
- Exercise confidentiality, discretion, and good judgement.
- Adhere to the assigned work schedule by maintaining regular and punctual attendance.