- Direct supervision and conduct of his/her team until students are dismissed from the building or returned to class.
- a. Conduct himself/herself and his/her program in a professional manner and b. Develop student skills and attitudes.
- See that the principal is informed of any program changes.
- Carry out the administration of his/her activity regarding: Insurance requirements, parent approval cards, maintaining team roster, accident reports, accountability of uniforms, team transportation, and security of athletes personal property.
- Emphasize safety precautions, and be aware of the best training and injury procedures. Current first-aid certification is highly recommended.
- Distribute information/activity schedules to building principals, secretary, parents, and participants.
- Attend meetings as called by the activities coordinator. The pre- and post-season meetings are required as part of the coaching contract.
- Care for and maintain equipment for his/her activity.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the principal.
- College degree or college training preferred with a high school diploma or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Demonstrate positive attitude toward students and ability to motivate them toward developing a successful program.
- Understand the activity, its safety practice, techniques, rules, and progression of skill development, evidenced by course work and successful coaching of this activity.
- Be able to instruct students in the techniques and requirements of this activity.
- Ability to plan practices, events, and organize all the necessary materials and persons to carry out the sport/activity.
- Be able to consistently meet scheduled responsibilities for practice, coaching preparation, competition, and related activities.
- Ability to work independently and/or cooperatively under supervision.