- Direct supervision and conduct of his/her team until students are dismissed from the building or returned to class.
- See that the principal is informed of any program changes.
- Carry out the administration of his/her activity regarding: Insurance requirements, parent approval cards, maintaining team roster, accident reports, accountability of uniforms, team transportation, and security of athletes personal property.
- Emphasize safety precautions, and be aware of the best training and injury procedures. Current first-aid certification is highly recommended.
- College degree or college training preferred with a high school diploma or equivalent as a minimum qualification.
- Demonstrate positive attitude toward students and ability to motivate them toward developing a successful program.
- Understand the activity, its safety practice, techniques, rules, and progression of skill development, evidenced by course work and successful coaching of this activity.
- Be able to instruct students in the techniques and requirements of this activity.
- Ability to plan practices, events, and organize all the necessary materials and persons to carry out the sport/activity.
- Be able to consistently meet scheduled responsibilities for practice, coaching preparation, competition, and related activities.
Spokane Public Schools complies with all federal and state rules and regulations and does not discriminate in the admission, treatment, employment, or access to its programs or activities on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, creed, national origin, the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability, to the use of a trained guide or service animal by a person with a disability, sexual orientation including gender expression or gender identity, or honorably discharged veteran or military status.