The assistant coach interacts directly with coaches, parents and student-athletes as a representative of Christian Academy. He/she is to live and coach in such a way so that student-athletes are led to righteousness in every area of life, and in particular their athletic development. The purpose of this position is to help the varsity head coach oversee all coaches and discipleship for the specific sport and ensure the overall program development from intramural to the varsity level.
- A strong clear Christian testimony with a mature and godly spirit.
- A daily example of the highest Christian virtue both in and out of school.
- Commitment to faithful attendance and support of a church whose beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith.
- He/she will coach from a biblical perspective and strive to be a true reflection of Jesus Christ to our athletes.
- Coach will create a winning environment by displaying a positive attitude and providing daily encouragement to those under his/her leadership helping to build strong relationships.
- Teaches athletes to perform sound, safe fundamental techniques of the designated sport throughout the season.
- Coach will promote honesty, integrity, humility, loyalty, unity, and encourage total character development of our athletes.
- Supervise the coaching staff of the sport program on all levels to ensure athletes and coaches are growing spiritually.
- Complete all assigned duties as given by the head coach and Director of Athletics.
- Oversee field/gym conditions and report needs to head coach.