- To provide opportunities for young men and women to develop their prospective capabilities to the fullest extent.
- To develop positive attitudes while promoting and teaching fair play and stressing good sportsmanship at all times.
- To teach sportsmanship, leadership, and ability to work together.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desirable.
- Knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school sports program.
- Assists in scheduling, providing transportation to tournaments and special sport events.
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold scheduled sport events or practices and adheres to scheduled facility times.
- Coordinates program with maintenance and school employees.
- Provides proper safeguards for maintenance and protection of assigned equipment sites.
- Provides training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Gives constant attention to student athletes’ grades and conduct.
- By his/her presence at all practices, games and while traveling, provides assistance and guidance to and safeguards for each
- Completes paperwork on all disabling athletic injuries on proper forms and submits to athletic office within 24 hours.