- Ability to build positive relationships with our student-athletes, while also being a strong role model.
- Must have a flexible schedule to attend practice after school or board the bus shortly after school for away games.
- To be successful in this position the candidate needs excellent organization, communication and leadership skills.
- Current CPR/AED or the ability to obtain prior to the season’s start; completion of all MHSAA training (as required).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement a regular program of training and attend all practice; meetings and activities of the sport.
- Provide and uphold clear academic and behavioral expectations for all student-athletes in the program.
- Help select student managers, assistants and statisticians as needed.
- Follow school and district policies and practices.
- Promote the Shepherd High School Baseball Program, and all sports sponsored by Shepherd Public Schools, both within and outside of the school through news media, social media, youth programs and other outlets.
- Coordinate with persons and resources to ensure there are systems in place to address the academic needs of the program’s student athletes.