- Oversee three programs: Varsity, JV and Freshman.
- Directly coach the Portage Central Varsity Baseball team competing in the SMAC Conference and MHSAA tournament play.
- Continue to cultivate youth programs and continue to work with local Little Leagues to build a strong relationships between PC Baseball and the youth programs in the area.
- Build strong and healthy relationships with players and families-and maintain them over the long term.
- Assist Athletic Director in the development of schedules for all levels.
- Assist Athletic Director in the coordination of travel.
- Assist PPS facilities department with the maintenance of the baseball facility, taking a hands on approach.
- Coordinate and lead the PC Baseball Booster Club and provide a short-term and a long-term vision.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, boosters, parents, other coaches, administrators, and the news media.
- Ability to foster and maintain positive relationships with students, boosters, other coaches, administrators, news media and parents.
- Previous baseball coaching experience with a preference towards previous head coaching experience.
- Superior technical knowledge of the sport of baseball.
- Proven ability to handle administrative responsibilities of a high school athletic program.
- Transparent and proactive communication, well organized, and detail oriented.
- Has high expectations and coaches with passion and integrity.
- Successful experience in mentoring and developing a coaching staff.