The Coach is responsible for coaching student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for interscholastic competitions. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Assesses player's skills and assigns team positions.
- Coaches and instructs players, individually and in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team's capabilities.
- Establishes and maintains standards of decorum and provides proper supervision of athletes at all times.
- Responsible for driving school minibuses to local and possibly non-league games.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Conferences with parents/guardians, as necessary, regarding the athletic performance of their student.
- Follows state, regional, and district regulations governing the athletic program.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills, a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport., and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, parents, and students.
- Must be CPR/AED/First Aid certified by an accredited institution.
- Valid driver's license is required, and submission of a background check is required.