Landon School seeks an experienced Varsity Basketball Coach to join our community for the 2024-2025 academic year. The team competes as part of the prestigious Interstate Athletic Conference and annually schedules one of the toughest non-league schedules.
- Fulfill the Teacher-Coach-Mentor responsibilities and will promote character building, teamwork, and sportsmanship in accordance with the Landon Code of Character.
- Prepare and run practices.
- Coach games.
- Coordinate travel as needed.
- Mentor assistant coaches.
- Manage appropriate media outlets related to the basketball program.
- Working with families of prospective student-athletes.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s degree is preferred).
- 3-5 years of successful high school coaching and/or college coaching experience. Head coaching experience strongly preferred.
- Prior teaching experience and/or work experience with youth preferred. Ability to listen, reflect, and connect with students.
- A proven record of developing the whole person through athletic experience.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.