The Latin School of Chicago has a strong, rich and successful athletic tradition and is seeking qualified coaches to join its staff of dedicated coaches pursuing excellence in an education-based athletic program.
As Coach, you will:
- Build an attitude of camaraderie, motivation, and team spirit where team members cheer, challenge, and support each other.
- Plan, organize and implement the teaching of fundamentals, strategies, rules, and proper conditioning in the assigned sport.
- Model attitudes and practices that exemplify the benefits of hard work, sacrifices aimed toward long-term goals, the value of learning to strive and compete fully, and the appreciation of challenge.
- Develop a working knowledge of the principles of the Positive Coaching Alliance, including 'honoring the game', 'redefining winner', and 'filling the emotional tank'.
- Playing experience is preferred.
- Coaching experience is necessary.
- All coaching positions require a daily after-school commitment and CPR/AED certification.