- Previous interscholastic high school and/or youth baseball coaching experience.
- Appropriate C.P.R. and Pupil Activity Certification prior to beginning of season.
- Strong knowledge of baseball skills, fundamentals, rules, etc.
- Must be willing to commit to evening and weekend practices and events as dictated by the athletic season schedule.
- Develop and implement the Boys Baseball program within the rules and regulations of the Akron Public Schools and the Ohio High School Athletic Association.
- Assist with the development and coordination of the season schedule.
- Develop conditioning and training programs; implement safety measures as necessary and related to the baseball program.
- Organize and manage practice sessions, etc. ensure safety of student athletes at all times;
- Management of selected coaching staff, ensuring that assigned personnel adhere to guidelines and regulations that pertain to the athletic program;
- Assists with monitoring student athlete academic progress; conduct study tables, study sessions, etc. as needed.
- Monitor eligibility of student athletes involved in the baseball program;
- Assist student athletes with college recruitment and scholarship opportunities as applicable;
- Coordinates the use of the practice facilities and equipment where applicable.
Akron Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and transgender identity), disability, age, religion, military status, ancestry or genetic information (collectively, "Protected Classes").