Bishop Moore Catholic High School is seeking applicants for the position of Varsity Boys Basketball Assistant Coach. This position is a seasonal position with a stipend. The role of this coach is to be responsible for assisting in the coaching of a varsity team, developing character, and providing direction to student-athletes so that they might achieve a higher level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship, and teamwork in basketball.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions, to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in boys' basketball.
- Build and foster an inclusive, positive culture that promotes sustainable success.
- Assist in determining game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- Apply and enforce student discipline during athletic contests, practice sessions, and while on trips off school property.
- Encourage sportsmanlike conduct in all phases of athletic participation at all times.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, and facilities, including protecting students from hazing/bullying.
- Maintain and secure all basketball equipment and uniforms.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- 2-3 years of experience coaching basketball.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, opponents, staff, parents, and students.
- Employment is contingent on the applicant passing a full background check.