- Teach fundamentals, techniques, and sport-specific and athletic skills, utilizing positive and developmentally-appropriate methods.
- Teach and develop character in all athletes, regardless of talent. Model respectful and professional interaction and sportsmanship with players, opponents, colleagues, and parents. Emphasize sportsmanship and leadership with athletes.
- Relate well and build strong relationships with athletes and all others.
- Create an excited, tight-knit, team-centered, and competitively-fearless team culture.
- Prioritize the health and safety of the athletes.
- Philosophical alignment with striving to win while promoting the bigger picture of character, commitment, and team supportiveness.
- Provide clear direction and goals for the team, consistent with NWS culture and community, articulating goals and expectations in verbally and in writing with players, parents, and the community.
- Continually evaluate and improve the program based on the enthusiasm and achievement of players, communicate closely with Athletic Director regarding logistical and philosophical details, lead and work collaboratively with the program coaches and other colleagues.
- All candidates must demonstrate a commitment to the schools mission, values, and philosophy, especially those related to diversity and the environment.
- A commitment to a learning and working culture where all community members feel seen, valued, and heard.
- Expertise and experience coaching the sport at the high school or collegiate level and possess a strong technical and strategic understanding of the game.
- Current training in First Aid, CPR, concussion management, and sudden cardiac arrest.
- Be an energetic self-starter in addressing all details of leading a thriving high school program.