The Varsity Boys' Soccer Head Coach is a part-time position, responsible for the coaching and administration of the soccer program for the Upper School at Friends' Central School. As a member of the athletic department, the Varsity coach coordinates and conducts all aspects of the soccer program, including but not limited to practices, competitions, and the monitoring of academic progress of student-athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for coaching and directing the Varsity soccer program, including but not limited to organizing and supervising practices and competitions.
- Maintain a variety of records (e.g. game/student-athlete statistics, insurance, signed permission forms, emergency information, schedules, equipment inventories, etc.) for the purpose of complying with school and Friends Schools League athletic conference requirements.
- Report scores and post game results and highlights to FCS website.
- Work with the Director of Athletics and Wellness to recruit athletes and promote the soccer program through a variety of activities (e.g. team building and leadership, conducts off-season clinics, information on skills camps and the college process, etc.) for the purpose of increasing interest and participation.
- Commitment to and monitoring of student-athlete academic progress and academic advisement.
- Provide leadership and general team management in the areas of practice, skills, and character development.
- Considerable knowledge of and experience coaching soccer, including competitions, practices, and strength/conditioning.
- Knowledge and ability to ensure academic success of student-athletes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coaches, athletic administrators, students, parent body, and the community.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work.