The assistant coach will help the head coach in planning, managing, leading, and evaluating an education-based athletics program that seeks to develop athletes of purpose and character. The assistant coach’s leadership must have a positive impact on the physical, social, emotional and spiritual development of student-athletes. The assistant coach should be a developer, teacher, achiever and problem solver who demonstrates a high degree of integrity, trust, responsibility, positivity and flexibility.
- A strong and clear Christian testimony with a mature, godly spirit.
- A daily example of the highest Christian virtue both in and out of school.
- Commitment to faithful attendance and support of a church whose beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith.
- Strong commitment to CAI Mission and Purpose statements.
- Ability to encourage partnerships with parents, coaches, students and other schools.
- Playing experience in the sport is preferred.
- Coach from a biblical perspective and strive to be a true reflection of Jesus.
- Create a winning environment through positivity and daily encouragement.
- Teach athletes to perform sound, safe, fundamental techniques.
- Uphold the Heart of a Warrior characteristics (Confidence, Accountability and Integrity) and instill other characteristics like honesty, loyalty, respect and unity
- Create a Transformational Purpose Statement.
- Abide by the responsibilities outline in the Coaches Handbook.
- Follow all CAI School, CAI Athletics, IHSAA and National Federation rules.
- Support a K-12 program approach.