- Head coaching experience.
- K-12 experience preferred.
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and, at the same time, must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Organize a detailed plan for in-season and out of season player development to include daily practice plans and long term goal setting.
- Detailed planner and promoter of a high level strength & conditioning program (in and out of season).
- Provide student-athletes with educational support, guidance, and college planning.
- Strong desire to help promote a high level of leadership in the program which helps to create student-athletes that embrace and display sportsmanship and leadership skills on and off the court.
- Challenge athletes throughout the season in both performance character (work ethic, self-discipline, perseverance) and moral character (kindness, compassion, graciousness, respect, responsibility).
- Drive to perform community service along with team building events.
- Provide strong leadership and organization of the entire program to include clear communication, vision, and expectations to all stakeholders (i.e: assistant coaches, student-athletes, families, alumni, athletic boosters, community supporters, etc).
It is the policy of the Board that no staff member or candidate for a position in this District on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, creed or ancestry, age, gender, marital status, height, weight, political belief or disability which does not impair an individual's ability to perform adequately in that individual's particular position or activity, shall be discriminated against, excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or otherwise be subjected to, discrimination in any program or activity for which the Board is responsible or for which it receives financial assistance from the U.S. Department of Education.