Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with preparing, and conducting individual and team practices, training, and competition.
- Receives guidance and instruction from more senior coaches in general and specific coaching procedures, methods, and techniques.
- Assists as directed with the oversight of athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport.
- Assists as specifically directed, in the recruitment of student-athletes in accordance with NCAA rules.
- Assists in monitoring and supporting student-athletes in academic progress.
- Assists as appropriate in planning and arranging team travel
- Serves as role model for good sportsmanship
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable team or individual sports and playing rules.
- Demonstrated competitive coaching skills in the area of sporting specialty.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of strengthening and conditioning methods and techniques.