The Varsity Tennis Coach will work directly with the Athletic Director of Ben Lippen School and will be directly responsible for the tennis development of all levels (varsity, junior varsity, and middle school) and for carrying out a plan that creates and sustains the progressive development and success of the overall tennis program.
- Must be a mature believer in Christ with a clear and persuasive personal testimony and demonstrate a lifestyle consistent with the teaching of Scripture.
- Must agree with the doctrinal standards and follow the lifestyle policies, as given in the Ben Lippen employment application.
- Follows and upholds the policies and mission statement of Ben Lippen School.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the Ben Lippen Wrestling program.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team development.
- Ensures that team rules and regulations regarding conduct and eligibility of the athletes are clearly communicated and followed.
- Interacts thoughtfully and respectfully with student athletes, fellow coaches, staff, parents and community. Positive communication strategies, organizational skills, and safety awareness are key requirements.
- Participates in special activities to include parent’s night, banquets, award nights, and pep assemblies.
- Ensures that proper forms (insurance, attendance, medical) are obtained and current and that all student athletes are academically eligible.
- Ability to organize and supervise a high school tennis program.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the game is paramount. Extensive knowledge of current coaching techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of technical aspects of the assigned sport and willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport.
- Role model that coincides with Ben Lippen’s mission.
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school.