Hudsonville’s Assistant Track & Field coach is responsible for assisting the track and field team. The mission of Hudsonville Public Schools is to educate, challenge, and inspire all learners to become contributing, responsible members of a global society.
- Help conduct player tryouts at the beginning of the season.
- Help manage team practices and conditioning sessions.
- Provide in-game strategy.
- Possess a great love of the sport and a high interest in helping individuals reach their highest potential.
- Good role model for student-athletes.
- Current knowledge of rules, fundamentals, teamwork and the ability to relate to and teach teenage students.
- Strong commitment to building a successful program for student-athletes.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Select, instruct, and coach the team through the season at practices and contests.
- Create a positive learning experience for all members of the team.
- Maintain all records, statistics, and awards information.
- Maintain ongoing communication with players, parents, and media.
Education and/or Experience:
- Evidence of expertise in sport.
- Preferably previous coaching or history playing sport.