Within the framework of the overall athletic program, head coaches provide leadership in the ongoing development and improvement of the team and athletes in their sport with an emphasis on teaching Biblical principles to the athletes. All coaches have the responsibility to carry out the mission, vision,
- Understanding the nature and needs of high school students.
- Competence in supervising and training high school athletes in volleyball.
- Willing to regularly grow as a coach through professional development / coaching clinics.
- Enthusiastic, patient, outgoing personality and relates well to high school school students.
- Organized, prompt, detail-oriented and efficient.
- Regular access to common technology (Cell Phone, Email, and Internet).
- Substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport.
- Communicate effectively and regularly with parents and team members.
- Ability to maintain a positive learning environment and high standards of conduct among athletes.
- Provide vision, leadership, and oversight of the team.
- Create a culture of excellence teaching life lessons based on Biblical principles to all athletes on the team.
- Lead an early season parent meeting.
- Competence in coaching the sport while being able to balance the psychology of coaching.