The Assistant Coach interacts directly with coaches, parents and student-athletes as a representative of Heritage Christian. He/she is to live and coach in such a way so that student-athletes are led to righteousness in every area of life, and in particular their athletic development.
- The employee must be a Christian with an authentic and a mature personal relationship with Jesus Christ, who agrees to the HCS Statement of Faith, Charter of Core Values and Employee Covenant in both their professional conduct and personal lifestyle. The employee is committed to incorporating these qualities and standards in carrying out the calling to Christian education.
- A daily example of the highest Christian virtue both in and out of school
- Strong commitment to Heritage Christian Mission Statement and athletic philosophy
- Ability to encourage partnerships with parents, coaches, students and other schools
- Managerial and coaching experience
- Demonstrate the character qualities of enthusiasm, courtesy, flexibility, integrity, gratitude, kindness, self-control, perseverance and punctuality.
- He/she will coach from a biblical perspective and strive to be a true reflection of Jesus Christ to our athletes. Coach will create a winning environment by displaying a positive attitude and providing daily encouragement to those under his/her leadership helping to build strong relationships.
- Have a consistent and daily walk with Jesus Christ and seek to model Him in speech, actions, and attitude. Follow the Matthew 18 principle in dealing with students, parents, administration, and staff. Support the Administration in carrying out the mission of the school.
- Recognition that parents are primarily responsible before God for their child and partner with them. Encourage students to accept God’s gift of salvation and grow in their faith.
- Emphasize to students the reality of their own self-worth in Christ.