Position is responsible for assisting with the coaching of student athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Position motivates student athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport.
- Assists with organizational meetings for team prospects and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Assesses players’ skills and assigns team positions.
- Assists with developing a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the head coach and/or athletic director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
- Assists coaching and instructing players, individually or in groups, regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Determines game strategy based on the team’s capabilities.
- High school diploma.
- CT SDE coaching certification.
- American Red Cross Lifeguard certification; current First Aid/CPR/AED Training; Connecticut Coaching Module #15 certificate.
- Experience at high school or college level preferred; combination of head coach, assistant coach, player and/or education may be substituted.
- Three years' high school coaching experience or a higher level.