ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport.
- Collaborates with assistant high school and middle school coaches on the program design, strategies and techniques.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises.
- Assesses players skills, monitors players during competition and practice.
- Determines game strategy.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate behavior towards players, officials, colleagues, parents and spectators.
- Maintains the equipment and storage in orderly fashion and assumes responsibility for its security.
- Distributes equipment, supplies and uniforms to students.
- Submits a list of award winners to the athletic director at the end of the season.
- Participates in special activities ex: patent’s night, banquets, award nights, pep assemblies, parades and community events.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Experience as a high school Football Coach required (Varsity level preferred).
- Must possess effective coaching techniques and skills.
- Must possess knowledge of the MHSAA rules and regulations, and rules regulations, strategies and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, school administrators, parents and the community.