This is a responsible position that requires working with students, faculty, administrators and parents in the implementation of the sports program. The work is under the direction of the Athletic Director and involves general overall responsibility for the total sports program. The Head Coach must demonstrate the ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with the entire school community and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills. The Head Coach will have a record of proven success as a teacher and/or coach.
- Directs and assumes general responsibility for the total sports program.
- Demonstrates supervisory and organizational skills associated with the implementation of a quality program.
- Demonstrates cooperation, friendliness and enthusiasm toward students, faculty, fellow coaches, and the public sector.
- Demonstrates strong public relations skills.
- Motivates fellow coaches and student athletes by example.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises, and conducts a sports program based on the latest evidence of knowledge and skill about the game. Disseminates information to and instructs student athletes and fellow coaches in the above.
- Develops standards of conduct and safety for all student athletes. Adheres to these standards, instruction and supervises fellow coaches in the practice of standards.
- Promotes and adheres to school and district policies and procedures.
- Prior experience coaching at the high school level preferred.
- Ability to volunteer or work in the school during the school day preferred.
- Attend various football coaching clinics.
- Work with the local youth football program to create a bridge between them and the high school football program.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.