Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision and coaching the football program at the level of a public high school. The position is responsible for over players, with teams at the junior varsity and varsity level. Directing, coordinating and supervision of staff of approximately assistants is a priority.
- Provide instruction in all phases of the game of football.
- Provide leadership for the football staff and players.
- Communicate effectively with the team, staff, parents, administration, community and the media.
- Work with the Athletic Director to maintain the football fields and facilities.
- Handle financial items for the football program, including the inventory and purchase of equipment and the collection of fees.
- Participate in athletic department fund-raisers.
- Complete all necessary forms, including VHSL required master eligibility forms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of all aspects or the game of football.
- Knowledge and understanding of athletic rules, procedures and polices.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.