- Develops a transformational coaching statement which is clearly communicated to staff, team members and parents.
- Supports GHS athletics vision and values statement (Refer to the Athletic Handbook).
- Works with other coaches to support multi-sport athletes.
- Works with the Athletic Director for all matters relating to the organization, administration and philosophy of the sport under his/her direction.
- Serves in a leadership capacity to the community program.
- Oversees the high school program in his/her sport and supports the middle school and elementary programs.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for excellent achievement in the sport involved.
- Maintains competency in IHSAA rules, event procedures, coaching techniques and general information about all aspects of the sport.
- Is a member of the state coaching association that honors Academic All-state student athletes
- Recommends teams that may be scheduled to the Athletic Director.
- Player experience.
- Middle School or High School coaching experience preferred.
- Experience in teaching, coaching, and sports medicine preferred.
- Strong communication, motivational and organization skills.
- Team building abilities and working in a collaborative environment are essential for a Head Coach.
- Demonstrate success in area of application.