The Varsity girls' lacrosse assistant coach is responsible for the coaching and administration of the girls' lacrosse program for the Upper School at Friends' Central School. As a member of the athletic department and reporting to the Director of Athletics and Wellness, the Varsity girls' lacrosse assistant coach helps the head coach to coordinate and conduct all aspects of the girls' lacrosse program, including but not limited to practices, competitions, and the monitoring of academic progress of student-athletes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for assisting the head coach in coaching and directing the girls' lacrosse program, including but not limited to organizing and supervising practices and competitions.
- Maintain a variety of records (game/student-athlete statistics, insurance, signed permission forms, emergency information, schedules, equipment inventories, etc.) for the purpose of complying with school, Friends Schools League athletic conference, and PAISAA state requirements.
- Report scores and strategies to local news media, work with athletic department to suggest Athlete of the Week and human interest news story suggestions, and post game results and highlights to FCS website.
- Promote girls' lacrosse program through a variety of activities (conduct off-season clinics, information on skills camps, etc.) for the purpose of increasing interest and participation.
- Monitor student-athlete academic progress and academic advisement.
Knowledge, Abilities, and Skills:
- Considerable knowledge of and experience with coaching girls' lacrosse, including competitions, practices, and strength/conditioning.
- Commitment to ensuring academic success of student-athletes.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with assistant coaches, administrators, students, parents, and the community.
- Effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to organize and prioritize work.