DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Works with the Athletic Director to schedule practice sessions, facility requests, and equipment rentals.
- Governs player conduct and follows established rules.
- Supervises, in cooperation with assistants, all practices, games, and tournaments.
- Supervises and coordinates assistant coaches as to their duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for the use, care, and inventory of all equipment used (including uniforms).
- Submits to Activities/Athletic Director list of award winners and varsity letter recipients.
- Attends all meetings for basketball required by the Michigan High School Athletic Association and the C. A. A. C..
- Abides by the rules and regulations established by the Michigan High School Athletic Association and enforces the East Lansing Athletic Code.
EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of the rules and rules changes in basketball.
- Ability to communicate with and motivate high school student athletes.
- High school coaching experience required.
- Basketball philosophy, basketball strategy, basketball techniques, drills, biomechanics, and first aid skills are required.
- Prefer B. A. degree.