- Sport specific coaching skills substantiated by training/work experience. Must possess the ability to organize and direct a multi-level program within the assigned sport.
- Holds or is qualified to obtain a Pupil Activity Supervisor Permit/CPR/NFHS Coaches Education.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules, board policies and administrative guidelines/procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of current Ohio High School Athletic Association regulations and by-laws.
- Duties require working irregular hours and/or a non-traditional schedule.
- Embodies high ethical standards/integrity. Accepts personal responsibility for decisions/conduct.
- Exhibits consistent, impartial and resourceful critical-thinking skills.
- Maintains a record free of criminal violations that would prohibit public school employment.
- Reviews procedures/schedules with students and parents before the start of the season.
- Communicates program objectives/performance expectations to stakeholders.
- Attends mandatory programs as outlined in the Coaches Handbook.
- Conducts a risk assessment. Implements safety precautions. Responds to emergencies.
- Helps supervise the preparation of athletic fields and practice/training areas as directed.
- Confirms equipment is appropriate for participants’ physical development and skill level.
- Assists with participant uniforms (e.g. ordering, distribution, collection, refurbishing, etc.).
- Keeps track of school equipment assigned to students.
- Plans/directs program activities (e.g., practice schedules, training clinics, etc.). Keeps administrators informed about emerging issues.
- Trains assistant coaches in procedures to accomplish duties effectively. Assumes responsibility for the results of duties delegated to assigned staff.
The Oak Hills Local School District is an equal opportunity employer.