The goal of the Athletic Coach is to organize, coordinate and promote a comprehensive athletic program in the assigned sport that is designed to meet the needs and interests of the school community. To provide effective leadership that will ensure a positive learning environment and will stress the importance of academic achievement. To demonstrate a high degree of ethics, professionalism, human relations and be a positive role model for all students.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Comply with all MIAA Rules and Regulations as well as those of the Scituate Public Schools.
- Teaches sportsmanship, cooperation, work ethic and responsibility to one’s team.
- Manages uniforms, equipment and school facilities in a responsible manner; follow the school policies involving financial transactions.
- Communicate to all participants the expectations of the team relating to school sponsored activities.
- Monitor athletes’ school attendance, grades and personal conduct.
- Be responsible for public relations and publicity for the assigned athletic program; establish procedures for communicating with parents/guardians.
- Conditioning athletes appropriately for activities requiring endurance, strength and agility.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to good sportsmanship; compile and maintain accurate individual and team performance records; participate in the awards program(s) according to school procedure.
- Knowledge of the assigned sport to be coached.
- Previous experience as a coach preferred.
- Ability to comply with all MIAA Rules and Regulations and coaches Code of Ethics.
- Employment based on successful completion of a CORI background check.