This position is a Varsity Girls Basketball Coach position in our Athletic department. The Varsity Girls Basketball Coach is expected to build and grow a culture of competing with class and team improvement. ATC is an academics-first institution; our college prep mission believes strongly in building all-around students through fostering extracurricular activities like sports along with academic scholarship.
- Management and development of the girls basketball program. The varsity head coach selects and supervises both their assistants and the overall middle school, junior varsity, and varsity basketball coaching staffs to develop program cohesion and effective, continuous development of our student-athletes.
- Development and implementation of both off-season and in-season training programs. Practice with the girls program in the off season, building team unity, while also supporting student-athletes as they participate in multiple extracurricular activities. Design practice structure, schedule, and a way to objectively evaluate athletes in order to determine whether the athletes will be varsity, junior varsity, or middle school basketball players.
- Provide supervision and safety. Supervise athletes at all appropriate times, including riding the bus with teams to away games, prepare for emergencies and weather contingencies, including first aid and other team equipment, ensure all athletes are accounted for at dismissal times from practices and contests.
- Provide effective fiscal and materials management. Inventory equipment and jerseys each year, and submit requests for materials following the proper purchase order procedure. Assist the athletic director in staffing home contests for concessions, scorer’s table, gate, etc.. Involve program participants, both students and families, in any fundraising and community service activities. Communicate in a timely manner with the athletic director and the school regarding all fundraising.
- All coaches must be licensed to coach in New Mexico. Please contact the New Mexico Public Education Department's Licensure Bureau to verify state reciprocity requirements.
- Leading candidates will demonstrate proficiency in the social-emotional dimensions of coaching. ATC understands that building effective relationships and rapport is the cornerstone to creating rigorous athletic programs and school environments that promote intellectual risk for all students and staff.