The head coach interacts directly with coaches, parents and student-athletes as a representative of Christian Academy. He/she is to live and coach in such a way so that student-athletes are led to righteousness in every area of life, and in particular their athletic development.
- A strong clear Christian testimony with a mature and godly spirit.
- A daily example of the highest Christian virtue both in and out of school.
- Commitment to faithful attendance and support of a church whose beliefs are in agreement with the Statement of Faith for Christian Academy School System.
- Agreement and belief that the Bible is the final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind.
- Coach will promote honesty, integrity, humility, loyalty, unity, and encourage total character development of our athletes.
- The head coach will promote and encourage the success of all other programs, emphasizing the need to share multi-sport athletes and to collaborate fruitfully with students, parents, and staff to balance our students’ investment in academics and the arts
- Coaches will be responsible for establishing team rules. These pre-approved rules must be communicated to the team at the beginning of the season. These rules would include, but not limited to, practice attendance, lateness to practice or games, or care of uniforms/equipment.
- Coaches who are responsible for supervision of the gym/field will have a physical presence there at all times.
- Coaches should cover practice expectations in a pre-season meeting and/or informational letter.
- Recruit and hire competent and professional assistant coaches
- Varsity coaches shall advise and give direction to lower level squads in such areas as fundamentals, drills, patterns, offenses, defenses, conditioning, and coaching techniques.