- Plan, organize, and conduct practice sessions.
- Provide training direction, encouragement, and motivation in order to prepare athletes for games, competitive events, and/or tours.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, technologies, and philosophies relevant to their sport.
- Adjust coaching techniques based on the strengths and weaknesses of athletes.
- Instruct individuals or groups in sports rules, game strategies, and performance principles such as specific ways of moving the body, hands, and/or feet in order to achieve desired results.
- Evaluate athletes' skills, and review performance records, in order to determine their fitness and potential in a particular area of athletics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Possess excellent management, leadership, and interpersonal skills, with ability to develop and maintain collegial relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students by building trust and credibility.
- Respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and inclusion, and cultural competency in all aspects of Academy life.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as well as a strong customer focus.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities and deadlines simultaneously.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Ability to recognize hazardous situations and adopt effective courses of action.
- Ability to engage positively with students, employees, and guests.
- Self-motivated and independent.