The Athletic Coach will be responsible for recruiting players, verifying eligibility and monitoring and verifying completion of required documentation and physical readiness requirements for student athletes. The coach then strives to build a competitive team, using practice to build physical stamina, and to teach and implement strategies that will make the best use of his players to achieve a successful season.
- Recruit Student athletes with an eye toward creating an inclusive team that represents our students.
- Communicate all necessary information regarding all conditions for eligibility.
- Conduct fair and appropriate try-out activities to assemble a team.
- Monitor and confirm that all selected players have completed all required paperwork and activities or trainings prior to participation.
- Coordinate practices and facility usage through the office of the Athletic Director.
- Maintain all records related to uniforms and/or equipment for the program.
- Communicate schedules and practice times with student athletes and families.
- Train staff and athletes on proper sportsmanship and monitor communication with competition officials.
- Experience coaching and supervision of Student Athletes.
- Ability to complete appropriate MIAA documentation and required training for coaching protocols.
The Fall River Public Schools offers all programs, activities, and employment opportunities without regard to race, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age and disability.