- Appropriate certificate, license, or legal credential required by the NHIAA or eligible.
- Possesses the ability to organize and supervise a total sports program.
- Previous experience as a coach is desirable.
- The head coach must have substantial knowledge of the technical aspects of the activity being coached and at the same time must continue to examine new theories and procedures.
- Schedule and plan preseason and regular season program of strength and conditioning and practices with approval from the athletic director.
- Oversee the participation of the team during summer conditioning and in between season conditioning programs.
- Models good sportsmanlike behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, other coaches and spectators
- Make recommendations to the athletic director on the scheduling of interscholastic contests, scrimmages, and use of the district’s athletic facilities
- Recommend the purchases of equipment, supplies, and uniforms in conjunction with the athletic director.
- Submit rosters, physical forms for all participating student athletes to the athletic director prior to their participation. Maintain all player’s consent/medical forms at all practices and games.
- Oversee the safety conditions of the facility or area in which assigned sport is conducted.
- Directly supervise student athletes in locker rooms (under appropriate condition), weight room, practice areas, and on buses.
- Attend all games and practice sessions. Practices need to be documented with a written practice plan.