To help each student/athlete achieve a high level of skill, an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship and an increased level of self-esteem.
- Possess and maintain proper Connecticut Certification.
- Have a strong background in the sport.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- The varsity coach must exemplify the highest ideals of good sportsmanship.
- Should offer respect and empathy to each athlete as an individual.
- Must be aware that he/she serves as a model in the education of the student athlete and, therefore, shall never place the value of winning above the value of character building.
- Must show respect and give support to the contest officials and shall not indulge in conduct which will incite players or spectators against the officials or against each other.