Position is responsible for providing leadership, supervision, and coaching instruction at a large public high school. Position is for the 2024 Spring Season.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide instruction in all phases of the sport of tennis;
- Works with student athletes to improve personal and teamwork skills;
- Provides guidance and encouragement to support student development;
- Maintain compliance of Prince George County Public Schools and Virginia High School League rules, regulations, and policies that pertain to athletic programs;
- Promotes a favorable image of the school district.
- Encourages community partnerships that enhance district programs and services;
- Works with the athletic director to evaluate program needs;
- Promotes the proper use and care of school property;
- Communicate effectively with the team, staff, parents, administration, community, and the media.
- Minimum of 18 years of age.
- Meets all mandated health requirements (e.g., a negative tuberculosis test, etc.).
- Must be fingerprinted and have documented results of clear criminal record.
- Complies with drug-free workplace rules and board policies.
- Education and experience should demonstrate the ability to perform essential job functions.