Bishop Ireton High School seeks candidates for the position of Varsity Head Football Coach. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of attracting current and new students to a high school football program, possess excellent leadership skills, and have a history of fielding competitive football teams that have fulfilled the overall mission of their school(s).
- Develop and communicate an inspiring vision for how the Bishop Ireton football program will perform at a competitive level in the WCAC and deliver the values of the school and Athletics Department to all players.
- Hire, develop, and manage coaches at all levels that will effectively execute the head coach’s vision and strategic goals.
- Develop a comprehensive football program, including off-season workouts and strength and conditioning component.
- Create and execute practice plans; evaluate players, strategies and staff to maximize the program’s success.
- Educate and inspire each player to be the best football player he can be, equipped with the skills, strategies, and habits necessary to find success.
- Provide strong communications with families, staff and student-athletes.
- Collaborate with other Bishop Ireton coaches as well as with engaged staff, including attendance at Athletics Department coach meetings.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Office to recruit and enroll mission-appropriate student-athletes, including Open House attendance.
- Actively support our players who wish to play at the collegiate level by providing our players and parents with guidance regarding the recruiting process, engaging with college coaches to advocate for our players, and supporting the work of the College Counseling Department.
- A successful candidate will demonstrate a commitment to excellence, the highest standards of professionalism, the ability to work effectively with different constituencies, and a capacity to create a mission-centered culture dedicated to the ideal of the “scholar-athlete.”
- The individual must have faith, integrity, drive, vision, a deep knowledge of football, a proven record of outstanding coaching, an abiding commitment to Catholic education, and a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- Head coaching experience is preferred, with five years or more coaching experience expected.