The head coach/sponsor will instruct all participants in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for them to realize a degree of individual and team success. At the same time, the participants shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulation of academic values, moral values, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
- Valid Nebraska teacher certification (preferred) or required special services certificate.
- Employment as a teacher in the Raymond Central Public School District is preferred.
- Ability to organize and supervise a total program.
- Substantial knowledge of technical aspects of the activity while at the same time continuing to examine relevant new theories and procedures.
- Previous successful experience in the assigned activity is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The head coach/sponsor will have thorough knowledge of all the activity policies approved by the Raymond Central board of education and is responsible for the implementation of such by the entire staff of their program.
- The head coach/sponsor will have knowledge of existing district, conference, and state regulations and is responsible for the implementation of such by the entire staff of their program. The head coach/sponsor will interpret said regulations for their staff.
- The head coach/sponsor understands the proper administrative line of communication and command, and refers all requests through the proper channels.
- The head coach/sponsor is aware of all public, departmental, and staff meetings that require attendance.
- The head coach/sponsor will maintain a record of team and individual statistics as well as the requirements for lettering.