The head varsity volleyball coach will work under the supervision of the athletic director. The varsity volleyball coach must appreciate the need for the volleyball program to work with other sports as a complement to the entire athletic department.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Ensures that all volleyball coaches work together toward a common goal within the volleyball program and provide unity with a structured feeder system.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Monitor and enforce student eligibility criteria for extra-curricular participation.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledgeable about sport specific MHSAA rules and regulations.
- CPR/First Aid certified or ability to obtain.
- Previous head coaching experience.