The head varsity girls soccer coach oversees the management and operations of the South Portland high school girl’s soccer program and serves as the head coach for the varsity team. Duties include tryout and team selection, practice and game planning/coaching, and teaching the fundamentals and strategies of the game, as well as working with the coaching staff to mentor student-athletes and to develop the entire program.
- Establishing and maintaining positive relationships within and outside the school.
- Support the athletic department philosophies, rules and policies.
- Work collaboratively with the booster organization.
- Meet MPA coach eligibility requirements.
- Coordinate/communicate with the youth girl’s soccer program and its leadership organization.
- Consult regularly with the athletic director regarding the status of the program.
- Must have Maine State Criminal History Record Check (CHRC) authorization required, which cost $70.
- No experience required.
- None degree preferred.
- Citizenship, residency or work visa required.