The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in the execution of planning, directing and leading an education based athletic program that seeks to develop athletes of empathy and integrity.
- Must meet the coaching requirements of CHSAA and/or the State Department of Education.
- Must align with the ethical standards & mission established by the Athletic Department.
- Experience playing, and coaching in an Education Based athletic program preferred.
- Must successfully complete all district employee paperwork & background check.
- Accept and implement the athletic philosophy of Aspen High School.
- Follow the rules and regulations of the school, the conference and CHSAA.
- Be organized, prepared, and punctual; and manage resources, meet deadlines, follow through on commitments, demonstrate appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations.
- Demonstrate integrity and leadership skills, strong organizational and communication skills, attention to detail; and have the ability to lead and work independently and as a member of the team.
- Develop and maintain rapport and effective relationships with students and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct.
- Maintain up to date yearly coach certifications per CHSAA.
- Attend all practices and competitions both home & away.
- Attend clinics, seminars and in-service programs to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning and safety procedures.
- Attend mandatory department meetings and evaluations as required by the Head Coach and/or the Athletic Director.