To accept the responsibility of the program and work with the students/athletes in the sport assigned and to provide life lessons that will positively impact the physical, social and emotional well-being of all who are involved.
- Must meet the coaching requirements of CHSAA and/or the State Department of Education.
- Must align with the ethical standards & mission established by the Athletic Department.
- 1-2 years experience coaching at the high school level (or above) preferred.
- Certified teacher preferred.
- Playing experience preferred.
- Accept and implement the athletic philosophy of Aspen High School.
- Follows the rules and regulations of the school, the conference and CHSAA.
- Attend the rules interpretation meeting held by CHSAA.
- Maintain a curriculum and culture centered around education based athletics.
- Maintain a membership in the appropriate coaches’ association and participate so that AHS has representation.
- Attend mandatory department meetings as required by the Athletic Director.
- Attend clinics, seminars and in-service programs to improve coaching skills and to stay current with new trends in coaching, training, conditioning and safety procedures.
- Attend school, conference, region, and state coaches’ meetings.
- Give input about and then carry out the interscholastic schedule as drawn up by the Athletic Director.