The head ice hockey varsity coach will work under the supervision of the athletic director at St. Catherine of Siena Academy. The head girl’s varsity ice hockey coach must appreciate the need for the ice hockey program to work with other sports as a complement to the entire athletic department.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Ensures that all coaches on staff work together toward a common goal within the ice hockey program and provide unity with a structured feeder system.
- Team discipline.
- Athlete and personal development.
- Program competitiveness.
- Strength and speed development (year-around).
- Coach development (staff and self).
- Operational integrity and supervision.
- Community (internal and external) perception. (communication and reputation).
- Functionality within the mission of St. Catherine Academy.