The lacrosse varsity head coach will work under the supervision of the athletic director at St. Catherine of Siena Academy. The head girls’ varsity lacrosse coach must appreciate the need for the lacrosse program to work with other sports as a complement to the entire athletic department.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student-athletes.
- Ensures that all coaches on staff work together toward a common goal within the lacrosse program.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Prior playing and or coaching experience.
- Knowledgeable about sport specific MHSAA rules and regulations.
- CPR/First Aid certified or ability to obtain.