To instruct fellow program coaches and student athletes in the system, fundamental skills, strategies and physical training necessary for them to realize their talents as well as a degree of professional, individual and team success.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers the sports program that he has been appointed to and is directly answerable to the Principal and operationally to the Athletic Director.
- Promotes and strives to enhance the positive aspects of the reputation of S.J.B.H.S. and its’ athletic department programs.
- Keeps informed and implements league constitutional provisions, rules and regulations as well as those of the school’s Athletic Department Handbook, C.I.F. S.S. Blue Book, League constitution and National Federation Rules Book.
- Accepts and understands the rules related to the 510 series of the CIF Bluebook called “undue influence” when speaking to non-Bosco kids (k-8, as well as other HS students).
- Accepts and understands the new 18 hour per week rule during the season of sport.
- Acquires and submits completed program schedule (all contests, all levels) to the Athletic Director no later than 75 days prior to the first contest of the up and coming season. It must also be reviewed and approved by the Athletic Director.
- Desired Valid California Teachers Credential, Head Coaching or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two years previous high school varsity coaching or equivalent required.
- Must have a Valid CPR and First Aid card.
- Must also be certified in the state required NFHS Coaching Principles Class, NFHS Concussion Course and Sudden Cardiac Death Course.
- Must also complete all HR requirements from school.