- Demonstrated knowledge and successful experience in the sport to be coached.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and high expectations for teamwork, exemplary behavior, and responsibility.
- Ability to mentor and lead young people by example.
- Experience and/or demonstrated success in supervising young adults and managing programs.
- Commitment to the districts mission and Strategic Plan.
- Direct total program, including practice sessions, clinics, youth programs, and games/meets.
- Complete a pre-season and post-season checklist with the Athletic Director.
- Secure from all participants prior to the start of the pre-season the following: proof of insurance, proof of physical, and parental permission forms. (Insurance/permission forms are to be filed in the coachs notebook. Signed physical forms are to file in the Nurses office.)
- Submit to the Athletic Director and to the player copies of any specific rules and regulations governing this specific sport before the start of the season. Criteria for earning awards must be included as part of these regulations.
- Submit, prior to the start of the season, a team roster including participant names, grades, height, weight, position, uniform number, managers, and captains.
- Complete all forms for student eligibility. Mail forms to the Vermont Headmasters Association and provide copies to the Principal, Athletic Director, and coaches.