- Directs and assumes general responsibility for the total sports program.
- Demonstrates supervisory and organizational skills associated with the implementation of a quality program.
- Demonstrates cooperation, friendliness and enthusiasm toward students, faculty, fellow coaches, and the public sector.
- Demonstrates strong public relations skills.
- Motivates fellow coaches and student athletes by example.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises, and conducts a sports program based on the latest evidence of knowledge and skill about the game. Disseminates information to and instructs student athletes and fellow coaches in the above.
- Develops standards of conduct and safety for all student athletes. Adheres to these standards, instruction and supervises fellow coaches in the practice of standards.
- Promotes and adheres to school and district policies and procedures.
Experience or Training:
- Demonstrate leadership ability in teaching and/or coaching, and direction of a quality sports program in a multicultural high school and/or unit district.
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically articulate the total athletic program for the Wareham High School with the school community, parents, and the public.
Wareham Public Schools is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws.