The Varsity Softball Head Coach carries out the objectives of the program as outlined by the Athletic Director. Instructs athletes in team and individual fundamentals, strategies, and physical training necessary for them to realize individual and team success. Ensures that the program complies with local and state practices. This position reports to the Athletic Director and Principal.
- Instructs student athletes in the fundamental skills, strategy, and physical training necessary for individual and team success. At the same time, the student athlete shall receive instruction that will lead to the formulating of positive and moral values, pride of accomplishment, acceptable social behavior, self-discipline, and self-confidence.
- Assists in the implementation of the program as outlined by the head coach. Is loyal and supportive even though philosophical differences may exist.
- Carry out scouting responsibilities as assigned by the head coach. If the situation necessitates, assume the position of head coach and function as such: Assist the head coach, Issuing- fitting, and monitoring the condition of the equipment used in the sport coached, scheduling and providing transportation to all games and tournaments
- Assists in the necessary preparation to hold practices and games
- Assists in the collection of necessary documentation to fulfil State and District requirements concerning physical exams, consent, and eligibility Attend staff meetings for the purpose of planning and evaluating the program.
- Experience working within an athletics program in a K-12 environment.
- Must be GHSA Community/lay coach certified.
- Valid Driver's License.
- Certification in first aid and CPR.