To provide direct training, instruction, and guidance to athletes in Girls Varsity Softball. Coaches work with team members to help improve their performance and skills, in order to deliver Framingham Public Schools’ high expectations for achievement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Understands the strengths of the players and inspire them to overcome their weaknesses by using different types of coaching styles to add to their confidence level.
- Advises, guides and counsels the athletes on their nutrition, health, safety, and the use of various sports equipment.
- Assesses, evaluates the performance of the athletes during the training and games
- Follows established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies, and uniforms.
- Develops a regular practice schedule and organizes practice time to provide both individual and team development.
- Works with the athletic director in scheduling facilities for practices and competition.
PHYSICAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Must be required to move about and may be required to traverse occasionally throughout the school building;
- Must often remain in a stationary position for considerable periods of time;
- Is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl;
- Is expected to lift at least 20 lbs (i.e. books, school supplies, etc.);
- Must frequently use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and use hand strength to grasp tools;
- Must be able to assist students who have physical difficulties;
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery (i.e., a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer);
- Must be able to input information into a computer and as well as read material from a computer monitor as well as handwritten or printed matter with or without visual aids.